We are working to make Dalvourn Holidays more eco-friendly and reduce our impact on the environment by making choices. As a visitor, you could have an important role to play in helping us conserve our natural assets and become a more sustainable destination. Here are our recommended tips on how you can help:
Reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if heating is on.
Give The Car A Rest
Walk, cycle or use public transport. We will happily provide you with advice.
Try using local products, they give you a flavour of the area and help support local communities.
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
You can support us in our efforts to recycle. Please refer to our Recycling Information sheet in your holiday cottage folder.
Help us to look after the landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths and cycle-ways responsibly.
Support Green Businesses
There are thousands of businesses in the British Isles working to reduce their negative impact on the environment through the Green Tourism Business Scheme. Businesses are awarded Bronze, Silver and Gold for their efforts to be more sustainable.
We hold to our initial vision of providing high quality holiday cottages catering for the varied needs of our customers. Central to our concept of quality, is a commitment to responsible stewardship of the environment of which our business forms a part. We continue to look for opportunities to develop our business in a sustainable and beneficial way.
To do this we have focused on the following:
1. Protecting our locality’s natural habitat and biodiversity by minimizing any unfavourable business practices.
2. Ensuring that we meet at least the minimum requirements set by environmental law.
3. Enthusiastically fulfilling the Duty of Care requirements for waste disposal and so play our part in the global effort to reduce waste.
4. Actively seeking out and implementing innovative methods in all our business activities in order to reduce any negative impact on the environment.
5. Maximizing the beneficial influences our business activities have on the environment.